Knit Wits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first pair of finished socks

2 posters

Go down

My first pair of finished socks Empty My first pair of finished socks

Post  Liberty Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:26 am

My first pair of finished socks Socks110

I am very proud of these, not because I knitted them but I finished them. I did it in Wendy Fusion on a 7.5mm needle, using the Sirdar Hug Pattern.

http://www.wool4less.co.uk/Sirdar-HUG-Pattern-8921_AI6TF.aspx
Liberty
Liberty

Back to top Go down

My first pair of finished socks Empty Re: My first pair of finished socks

Post  miss knitter Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:51 am

Seeing your finished socks reminds me of the pair i tried to knit all that time ago and they haunt me at the back of the wardrobe it was a sock yarn on 2.5mm double points.
I must say those you have finished do look very cosy and i assume there a quicker knit on the larger needle , i was wondering were they also done on double pointed they do look well finished to how i thought alot of socks were when done on straight, id be very interested to know as the weather is turning i think id like to have another go at mastering socks but maybe not on double pointed just yet!

Becca Smile

miss knitter

Back to top Go down

Post  Liberty Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:22 am

Hi Becca

I did them on 2 pins, and there is a seam on both sides, but you still turn a heel which makes it look like a proper sock. Its from the Sirdar Hug pattern and I did it on chunky wool, which makes it even faster. i also found a double knit 2 pin sock pattern, which I tried, again it was a Sirdar bed sock pattern, but it still worked and looked good, but alas after knitting one i got fed up and never did the other. Laughing
Liberty
Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down