Knit Wits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debbie Bliss? No, more like Debbie Swizz!

Go down

Debbie Bliss?  No, more like Debbie Swizz! Empty Debbie Bliss? No, more like Debbie Swizz!

Post  Liberty Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:40 pm

I am writing this as a warning to those using Debbie Bliss yarns. I firmly believe that on certain ranges (including Donegal Tweed, Rialto & Cashmerino DK) the yardage quoted either far exceeds what is actually wound onto the ball, or her patterns are so far off the mark when quoting amounts needed.

The reason I say this, as I am yet again in the process of tracking down more Debbie Bliss yarn in a particular dye lot, for a customer who brought exactly what was recommended on the pattern. She has adjusted the pattern to make it shorter and also did not bother with the huge 5 inch double cuff on the pattern (therefore using less yarn). However, she is now still 1 ball short. If she had kept to the original pattern I believe she would have possibly been up to 3 short. The yarn per hank cost £7.95! I know not cheap. I rang Designer Yarns today to ask them to send on a ball, I was told that if they had an odd one they would, otherwise I would have to order another pack (10) so I would be able to fulfil the customers needs. I pointed out this was not the first time this is happened, infact I have rang at least once before, and dealt with this problem a couple of times in the shop but have had extra yarn to give the customer. I was told that they are approximations on the yarn needed! Not good enough, no other company manages to get it so wrong so why does Debbie Bliss!

Needless to say I am waiting on a phone call back from the MD as I refuse to pay out for 10 balls of yarn for 1 I actually need due to their inability to get the patterns right. Also I am obliged under Trading Standards to supply the extra balls FOC as the customer has brought the requested amount. So ladies when contemplating knitting a DB design and you work out your costing, remember just like when your building a house have a slush fund for the extra 3 - 4 balls you could possibly need to finish it.

Angry Angela (for now anyway!) Evil or Very Mad
Liberty
Liberty

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum