Knit Wits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from North Yorkshire

2 posters

Go down

Hello from North Yorkshire Empty Hello from North Yorkshire

Post  Eloyce Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:53 am

Hi Angela
Pleased to see you have the forum up and running. Don't know whether you will remember me I came into your Boston shop at the end of November 2007, with my daughter, looking for double knit wool suitable to knit my elderly father a 'v' necked sweater. [We were staying in a caravan close by] I choose the Sirdar Click in the green/brown mixture and you sent the remainder of my order by post. I was talking of doing raglan cast off in the round - back, front and sleeves- I am pleased to say I achieved it. You asked me to send pictures but because the wool was dark the photos weren't very good. Apart from where you initially cast off 5 or 6 stitches under the arm the rest was easy with the aid of stitch markers. Will definitely work the top of a ragalan garment again in this manner. Since doing father's sweater I have done a warm chunky sweater for myself and have now started on a complicated aran pattern I have had together with the wool for sometime. Have experimented knitting a pinwheel throw with odd bits of wool and that is now on my to do list. Do you think I am a knitting mad? Shocked

Eloyce

Back to top Go down

Hello from North Yorkshire Empty Re: Hello from North Yorkshire

Post  Liberty Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:50 am

Hi

I do remember, because you mentioned that there were no wool shops near you and you mentioned Darlington, which struck because Patons is based up in Darlington. I am so glad your jumper worked out, and was your dad pleased? I don't think your anymore mad than the rest of us that love to knit. What is a pinwheel throw, got a lot of wool to use up but all different plys does that matter?

Glad you have joined us, and look forward to hearing about your next project. flower
Liberty
Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post  Eloyce Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:03 am

Hi Angela

Dad was so pleased with his sweater I don't think he has taken it off since he tried it on Smile The Pinwheel blanket is so easy to do and you can use any thickness of wool as long as you use the corresponding circular needles. I will email you the instructions.

I am now knitting, for myself, a complicated aran cardigan which I planned to do years ago but didn't have the time to concentrate on. Then I will concentrate on baby garments for our first grandchild who is due at the end of May Smile

Was in Darlington yesterday and discovered a small knitting wool stall which has just opened in the covered in market. They sell mainly sirdar and patons wools. Still haven't found a knitting club Sad

Eloyce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum