Knit Wits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I love socks!

2 posters

Go down

I love socks! Empty I love socks!

Post  Lucie Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:31 pm

I love knitting socks. When I've finished this pair for my DH in horrible colours I'm going to make myself another pair (I will try and post a photo of my pink ones to the gallery). My first pair was some baby ones which got me hooked. I just hate the fact you've got to knit two!!

I also made a pair of giant socks that I then felted down into slippers which was good fun and were very quick to knit.

Lucie

Back to top Go down

I love socks! Empty Re: I love socks!

Post  Lucie Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:59 pm

A sock update - the horrible yarn has been rehomed (I sent it to a friend) and I have now started making a pair of socks in the new Kaffe Fassett sock yarn by Regia. I'm using the Lanscape earth colourway and am a bit disappointed as the colours in real life are not at all like the ones on the photos. I know there are limitations in printing blah blah blah but the yarn is much darker than the pics. It's still lovely though, but am hoping it will fit DH as it's not really my colours. I do love self striping yarns.

I'm also on the lookout for the new Noro Kureyon sock yarn - anyone know if it's available anywhere in the UK yet??? Angela are you likely to stock it?

Lucie

Lucie

Back to top Go down

Post  Liberty Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi Lucie

Unlikely for me to be stocking Noro, it is supplied by Designers Yarns (same stockists of DB). Its a nice yarn Noro, don't know if the lady in Market Deeping (The Yarn Boutique) does it - she deals with DY she may get it in for you. Try her!

Very Happy
Liberty
Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down