Knit Wits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WIPS

2 posters

Go down

WIPS Empty WIPS

Post  Lucie Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:20 pm

I have several WIPS at the moment - a Sublime cardigan I started well over a year ago which only needs the second sleeve finishing and then the button bands, but I just seem to have a mental block about doing it. I pick it up and spend a few hours on it thinking how easy it will be to finish but can't actually get round to it. It was meant to fit my 9 year old but it looks like the 7 year old will be getting it.

I have the second of a pair of handwarmers to sew up. That's all, it's about 5 minutes work but again, can't be arsed.

Started a pair of socks for DH but hate the yarn (it reminds me of vomit, mmm, nice!!!) He keeps nagging me to finish them for him. Not that it will work, he's still nagging me to finish a cross stitch picture I started for him. 15 years ago.... I can't believe I have even packed it up and taken it with us everytime we've moved over the last 10 years - 7 times now.

I have a UFO on a needle. No idea what it's meant to be or who/what for. Am hoping it's just a dolls scarf that I can finish off in about 10 minutes.

Then there's my granny squares blanket that I did the crochet class for. I need to make 144 squares. Got to about 20 and got bored. Still, it will make a nice dolls blanket.

I think/hope that's it. But I have a box full of yarn all crying out to me to start making something from it. I have promised myself I will not start anything new until I've finished whats in progress. Ah, and then there's the 10 knitted cakes I've promised to make and a hat and mittens set I want to make for a friend's baby.

I must come into the shop this week to get the yarn for them.

Lucie

Back to top Go down

WIPS Empty Re: WIPS

Post  Liberty Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:19 am

Thats funny. I feel a bit of a swot now telling you I am pretty much cleared up , but it has taken a verrrrry long time. And when I looked at my stash I had lots of 4ply so thought I would do a crochet blanket for the car, done 4 squares getting bored but won't tell alex!. Also decided to start a crocheted doll for Lib, on second leg, its only small but using up yarn. And my biggest confession is that the project I had to finish really before even starting this blanket and doll was libs school cardy, which i cheated and gave it to Alice to finish. She is one our knitters for the shop. Maybe we chould have a finished WIP day in shop. Could be an idea!
Liberty
Liberty

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucie Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:06 pm

Liberty wrote:Thats funny. I feel a bit of a swot now telling you I am pretty much cleared up , but it has taken a verrrrry long time. And when I looked at my stash I had lots of 4ply so thought I would do a crochet blanket for the car, done 4 squares getting bored but won't tell alex!. Also decided to start a crocheted doll for Lib, on second leg, its only small but using up yarn. And my biggest confession is that the project I had to finish really before even starting this blanket and doll was libs school cardy, which i cheated and gave it to Alice to finish. She is one our knitters for the shop. Maybe we chould have a finished WIP day in shop. Could be an idea!

Excellent idea! Might have to make it a week though, lol

Lucie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum